Friday, August 16, 2013

burnt broccoli

It's hard to get kids to get their vegetables.  When my daughter first started eating real food I was crazy about her eating all organic foods with tons of fruits and veggies.  Needless to say she is now on a solid diet of chicken nuggets, hot dogs, and waffles.  I learned during an appointment with a dietician how important protein is for children, this information, along how little my daughter ate, I changed my philosophy.  I make sure all her meals have protein in them and at least one fruit or vegetable (with at least one veggie a day.) 

At first my daughter loved edamame, in the pod or out of the pod.  Sadly a few months ago she got over them, so I had to come up with a new go to veggie.  This is where burnt broccoli came in.  It's easy to do and she loves it, here's how to make it.

- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Clean and cut broccoli
- Put olive oil and garlic salt on the broccoli
- Put in oven until broccoli is crispy






No comments:

Post a Comment